* Luís Henrique Marques
Understand the audiovisual language (cinema and video) and its impact on the formation of collective and individual imagery; to know the Church's trajectory in relation to cinema and audiovisual production; exercise critical sense in the face of cinema and video consumed in different media; and train for the analysis and critical reading of audiovisual productions, in view of the pastoral and evangelizing practice. These are the central objectives of the Cine Clube Pastoral Course, an initiative of the Education and Research Sector of SIGNIS Brasil. Free and with limited spaces, the course takes place on the four Saturdays of June, from 3 pm to 4:30 pm, through the SIGNIS Brasil platform on Google Meet. In addition to bibliographic, filmographic and specialized websites on the topics to be addressed in the course, participants will be offered a certificate of participation.
According to Sr. Helena Corazza and Sr. Paulo Lima, creators of the course, the initiative was born with the desire of the SIGNIS Brasil Educommunication and Research sector to offer an opportunity to the association's members and other interested parties, to resume the long journey of Catholic organizations in their relationship with cinema and video, the culture of cinema watched and discussed collectively, which concerns the critical reading of audiovisual production, through an appropriate methodology, which can be applied in different pastoral activities, evangelizing and educational activities that the Church promotes today. It is a first experience of many that may arise from now on.
The four meetings scheduled for the course should address the following topics:
- First Meeting (June 5) : “Audiovisual language: imaginary and perceptions”, with the assistance of Dr. Cláudio Mogadouro (specialist in cinema and education and member of Cineduc-S. Paulo). The mediation will be given by Professor Ms. Joelma Viana (vice president of the Catholic Radio Network and member of the Amazon News Network).
- Second Meeting (June 12) : “Church and Cinema”, with the assistance of Dr. Sr. Helena Corazza, fsp (director of SEPAC Paulinas and coordinator of the Educommunication and Research Sector at SIGNIS Brasil). The mediation will be made by journalist and researcher Dr. Luís Henrique Marques (editor-in-chief of Cidade Nova magazine and secretary of SIGNIS Brasil).
- Third Meeting (June 19) : “Filmic reading (audiovisual): how to analyze a film”, with the assistance of Brother Paulo Lima, SVD (producer and developer of Critical Audiovisual Reading projects; Verbo Filmes). The mediation will be made by journalist and historian Cleonice Nascimento.
- Fourth Meeting (June 26) : “Cinema on Catholic TVs”, with advice from Geizom Sokacheski (expansion director at Rede Evangelizar de Comunicação and coordinator of the TV Sector at SIGNIS Brasil). The mediation will be by Brother Paulo Lima, SVD (Verbo Filmes).
For more INFORMATION and REGISTRATION: ( CLICK HERE )
* Luís Henrique Marques is a journalist, editor-in-chief of Cidade Nova magazine, secretary of SIGNIS Brasil and a member of the Education and Communication Sector of that same association.